Toward innovation through database integration
To promote creation of new knowledge in life sciences, we implements the following activities in cooperation with various domestic and international organizations.
Activities of the NBDC
To promote creation of new knowledge in life sciences, the NBDC implements the following activities in cooperation with various domestic and international organizations.
- ExtensivelyData sharing
- We prepare guidelines for making data available to the public in forms that are easy to reuse.
- We support research projects that generate data from the research implementation stage with respect to preparing data in easy-to-utilize formats and constructing databases.
- ConnectingIntegration of databases
- We ensure that anyone can easily access public data.
- We conduct research and development to connect data using semantic web technologies.
- We support the construction of databases that form the cores in the various fields of the life sciences.
- We standardize data formats, IDs for genes and so forth, and prepare common terms for describing data and metadata.
- UsingUtilization of data
- We develop the applications required by wet lab researchers to find new knowledge.
- We prepare the data and tools required by data scientists to implement data-driven research.
- We disseminate the methods and results of research that utilize large amounts of integrated and diverse data.