The NBDC logo mark expresses the ring of life sciences that surrounds the databases.
Guidelines for using the NBDC logo mark
These Guidelines describe how to use the NBDC logo mark. They were established in concurrence with the update of the NBDC logo mark in April 2019. Please refer to the details described in these Guidelines when using the NBDC logo mark in April 2019 or later.
Please use the following colors:
(R, G, B) = (26, 95, 189) (#1a5fbd)
(C, M, Y, K) = (87, 63, 0, 0)
- To use the logo on monochrome printed materials, please use the following colors:
(R, G, B) = (0, 0, 0) (#000000)
(C, M, Y, K) = (0, 0, 0, 100)
- To ensure visibility, it is acceptable to use the logo in white, depending on the density of the background color.
(R, G, B) = (255, 255, 255) (#ffffff)
(C, M, Y, K) = (0, 0, 0, 0)
To adopt a color or image in the background, please ensure the visibility of the logo itself. Examples of possible methods to ensure visibility include using a white background for the logo and using the logo in white. Other methods are acceptable as long as they do not breach these Guidelines.
Please set up margins around the logo as shown below and ensure that no other characters or images fall within these areas. Use 0.2 times the height of the logo image or larger as the guideline width for margins.
To also show the formal center name along with the logo, it is possible to use the name combination versions shown below instead of the above logo.
With name (Japanese)
With name (English)
It is prohibited to execute the following processes in using the NBDC logo mark:
- Deformation / rotation
- Change in the color system
- Change in typeface
- Gradation process
- Any indication which would result in the loss of identification other than the above
Application for use
There is no need to apply to NBDC in advance as long as the following conditions are not breached:
- It is used within a scope in which no laws or regulations are violated.
- It is not used for descriptions that may result in misunderstanding the relationship or coordination with the NBDC and the Life Science Database Integration Project over which the NBDC has jurisdiction, or cooperation, support or approval from the NBDC.
- It is not used for descriptions that may result in the misunderstanding that they have been edited by NBDC employees.
Logo mark bulk download
You can download the set of NBDC logo marks and the Guidelines for use from the following link:
The configurations of downloadable files is described below.
- Logo data
- Data for web use (RGB) (AI format, PNG format and SVG format)
- Data for printing (CMYK) (AI format)
- Guidelines for using the NBDC logo mark
*In each of the data for web and printing, the name combination patterns and monochrome versions are also included.