About This Website
This website has been launched to publish the achievements of Life Science Database Integration Project (hereinafter referred to as the "Project") which unifies the outcomes of the Integrated Database Project (FY2006-2010) entrusted by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan and the Institute for Bioinformatics Research and Development (BIRD) of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). This website is operated and managed by the National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC) of JST which is carrying out the Project.
Individual Service Policy
This website contains individual services which may have individual service policy. In the use of such services, individual service policy is applied as well as this website policy. In the case that this website policy and individual service policy are conflicting the individual service policy has priority.
Please feel free to link to this website [or any of its content] excluding certain content that is expressly prohibited from being linked.
All online content published on this website is subject to copyright of JST or of any third parties. However, the copyrighted work should be handled differently according to the presence/absence of the individual policy. Please consult the following cases.
* w/ individual policy
Please comply with the terms and conditions listed on each website.
(An example of such terms and conditions: Creative Commons License)
* w/o individual policy
The information on the website may be freely used for educative or public information usage to the full extent permitted by the law. In this case, please give credit for the usage of the documents or image data involved.
(An example of credit: "Provided by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)" "Provided by JST" "Courtesy of JST" "c JST")
However, in the case of using the information for business or commercial purposes, please contact the following center for prior permission.
National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC)
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
At the use of any service or information on this website, the following act is prohibited.
- Act to infringe the intellectual property of JST or the third party, privacy and other rights, act to damage honor, trust, property, and act to promote these actions.
- Criminal act or act with the fear to be tied to a crime.
- Act to violate public order and morals.
- Act to violate or to be likely to violate laws and ordinances.
- Act to interfere the service or operation of this website, such as illegal access, massive information transfer.
- Act to save and distribute files or link to websites which damage the PC/server of any third party, such as files containing or infected by computer viruses.
When JST judges the above-mentioned act was performed, without any prior notice, JST may suspend the account of the corresponding user and any use of this website and the services of this website by the corresponding user, and delete any data saved by the corresponding user as part of using the services on this website. JST bears no liability to any damage or loss to the corresponding user incurred by the suspension and deletion above. When JST or any third party suffers damage or loss incurred by the act of the corresponding user, the corresponding user must compensate all the damage and loss of JST and the third party. This clause does not mean that JST bears the duty to monitor the information any user has registered.
- Users shall use the content of this website and information in the content at their sole discretion and responsibility.
- The content on this website is created based on information and data assumed to be reliable at the time of creation: however, JST and the information providers do not guarantee the correctness, appropriateness or completeness of the content.
- JST and information providers bear no liability for any damage resulting from the use of the service and/or information contained on this website.
- This website may contain links to other websites. The linked websites are not managed or operated by JST. JST and information providers bear no liability for the reliability of the content of the linked websites. Please use the content of any linked website at your sole discretion and responsibility.
- JST may stop/interrupt the operation of this website temporarily in the case of maintenance and /or update, inevitable accident and other needs. JST may terminate any or all services on this website with prior notice to the users when JST judges that termination is unavoidable.
- JST bears no liability to users for any damage or loss incurred by temporal stop, interruption, malfunction, trouble or termination of this website, any damage or disappearance of the stored data by the services and other damages.
- Users should resolve objections or disputes by their own responsibility and expense when the user is sued by the other user(s) or any third party or when objections occurred for the third party caused by violation of this website policy/individual service policy or the information the user registered for the service on this website. JST has no liability to such objections or disputes.
- Collection of information
JST automatically receives certain information from the user's browser, including the user's IP address, cookie information, pages viewed by the user and user environment, and records onto JST's server (hereinafter referred to as "Access Information").
If JST is required to handle any personal information set out in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the "Act") (such personal information referred to as "Personal Information") in the course of its business, JST shall obtain the information in an appropriate manner.
- Purpose of use of information
JST uses information obtained for the purposes set out below. If the information obtained is Personal Information, JST will not use the Personal Information beyond the scope of the purposes described below without the consent of the relevant user, unless permitted under the Act or any other law or ordinance.
- To provide services on the NBDC website and to improve the services;
- To give notice regarding workshops, lectures, seminars and other events, new services, changes to services, termination of services and the like;
- To send newsletters regarding the Project and the like;
- To respond to user inquiries; and
- For any other purpose incidental to the abovementioned purposes.
- Disclosure of Information to third parties
JST shall not provide any Personal Information to third parties unless:
- user gives its consent;
- the information is disclosed or provided in the form of statistical data that does not identify individual users;
- required to be disclosed by law or ordinance, or judgment, order or decision of a court or administrative authorities;
- necessary to protect one's life, body or property but difficult to obtain user's consent;
- specifically necessary to improve public health or to promote children's sound development but difficult to obtain user's consent;
- necessary to cooperate with national authorities, municipal governments or their outsource parties to carry out administration set out by laws and ordinances, and obtainment of user's consent is likely to interfere with that administration;
For the convenience of the user and the smooth implementation of the service, JST may offer Access Information and any or all information received at
to the Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS) of the Research Organization of Information and Systems (ROIS) which was a core institution of the Integrated Database Project entrusted by MEXT.
- Security of Personal Information
JST will endeavor to safeguard the collected personal information from missing, leaking, misuse, alteration or destruction, through reasonable security measures and manage Personal Information appropriately through its management system and employee training, and take precautions so as not to divulge, lose or destroy the Personal Information. However, please note that it is impossible to assure absolute and perfect security measures.
- Requests for notice of purpose of use, disclosure, amendment or termination of use of Personal Information
If JST receives a request from a user to disclose, amend, add, delete, suspend or terminate the use of, suspend third party provision of, or notify the purpose of use of the user's Personal Information, JST shall confirm that the applicant is the respective user and faithfully and promptly respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
If the request does not meet the requirements under the Act, or the Act or any other law or ordinance permits the refusal of the disclosure, JST may not comply with the user's request.
According to the JST's regulation there may be some fee or charge to be paid by users to JST for disclosure. In addition the user bears costs such as costs for communications from the user to JST, transport costs and costs incurred by the user to prepare material to identify the user as set out in the first paragraph of this item.
Please contact the following center for disclosure requests, opinions, enquiries, complaints or any other matters regarding handling of Personal Information related to this website.
National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC)
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
Transfer of the Services of this Website
JST will notify the transfer of the services in the case that the operation of this website is transferred to a third party for any reason. Notification will be posted on this website. Users are considered to have agreed to the transfer of this service and the succession of claims and obligations at either of the earlier point in time when the user uses this service for the first time after notification or the end of notification period.
- If any provision of this website policy/individual service policy should, for any reason, be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, or unenforceable, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. In addition, the provision assumed to be invalid, or unenforceable shall be revised automatically in minimum degree to the extent to be valid and enforceable.
- This website policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. In addition, when it is necessary to resolve any disputes which may arise between JST and users in relation to, or in connection with this website policy by lawsuit, the Tokyo District Court will be the exclusive court with jurisdiction of the first instance.
JST reviews the handling of Personal Information and the operation condition of this website from time to time, in an effort toward continuous improvement, and may amend the website policy as necessary. In case of amendment, JST shall publish a notice on the amendment on this website for a reasonable period of time before the amendment is made, and then apply the amended policy to the website users from the enforcement date of the amended policy.
* Enforcement Date: Apr 1, 2011
* Date of Amendment: